Old 12-06-2004, 05:03 PM
JMG

Default Best Gas-powered String Trimmers

evolutionman 2004 wrote:
I'm interested in buying the best-rated, lowest maintenance,
easy-2-operate gas-powered string trimmer.

I'd prefer one with a straight-shaft, 1-hp or larger engine to trim
1+ acre yard. I don't need the attachment items (brush cutter,
blower, etc.) as I already have those items separately. I've looked
at Homelite, Toro, Cub Cadet, Troy-bilt, Craftsman, Echo, Ryobi
models. Anyone with particular model preference and positive (or
negative) stories to relate here would be appreciated. Is a 2-cycle
or 4-cycle engine better? Which model does have the easiest
starting, ease of operation, etc.? Thanks.

I have a Stihl FS 110 RX - straight shaft, 1.3 hp with the 4-Mix motor. It's
built more for the professional landscaper (which I am not, but I wanted a
quality machine.) Very smooth, powerful and well built.

- John