Old 14-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Nedra

Default Help: Fish STILL dying (was "fish are dying"

You say the exterminator used a "pyrethrin-based spray" ....
Pyrethrin is deadly toxic to fish - also "as far as we could tell" ... these
sentences point to the culprit pyrethrin.
A tiny breeze could blow some
of the stuff into your pond.

Good Luck in getting it cleaned out of your pond surrounds.

Nedra

"JGW" wrote in message
That's a good question. We did have an exterminator spray around the
house shortly before the fish started dying. We watched him, and, as
far as we could tell, he sprayed nowhere near the pond and used a
pyrethrin-based spray. Still, I suppose it's not entirely impossible
that some of it got into the pond. We won't let him anywhere NEAR the
fish next time.

Joan

I remember sometime back someone had fish dying and he couldn't figure

out why.
Turned out he'd sprayed wasp/hornet spray and the residue was running

off into
his pond. If I remember correctly, 1 part per million would kill fish.

Any
chance there's been any spray used around your pond that could have found

it's
way into the water.

Karen
Zone 5