Old 15-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Growing Tobacco

The message
from "Justin Harding" contains these words:

So anyone with experience regarding this, please respond to this post. I'am
very grateful.

I used to grow and cure my own tobacco - until I gave up smoking.

You are a bit late for this year, but you'd get some crop.

Tobacco plants grow like weeds, so don't worry too much about about soil
- as long as other things grow in it.

They tend to blow over quite easily (they grow to six or seven feet), so
are planted (as you say) like corn - that is, maize.

Usually, the leaves are picked when they have reached maximum size, hung
by hooks dug into the stalks and dried in the sun.

Send me your snail-mail (DON'T just hit 'reply'! - use e-addy after the
sig....) and I'll accidentally include some seeds in a letter, along
with instructions for curing your leaves.

I can't guarantee that they'll grow as they are about ten years old -
but they lie dormant in the soil for longer than that, so you should get
some to germinate.

--
Rusty
horrid/squeak snailything zetnet/co\uk