Old 16-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Snooze

Default Shelf life of fish emulsion?

Layne wrote in message ...
Would refrigerating or perhaps freezing the fish emulsion bottle after
I open it be okay? Again, I'm thinking of ordering some online, but
I'm apprehensive if the fish emulsion will go bad quickly once I open
it and would like to know this before I buy and waste my money. I only
have a few plants on my balcony and even 10oz. will be a lot for me.

Thanks again!

Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly, let me try to tell you this in a
different way.

Compost is good for plants, the best compost is well rotted, often for a
year or more. During the time that the compost is rotting, bacteria,
insects, mold, fungus and all kinds of microscopic creatures are eating the
plants in the compost pile, and turning it into compost.

Nobody says "oh this compost has gone bad, better toss it out, and make some
more", it's the same thing with fish emulsion. If it rots in the bottle, be
happy that the plants will be able to use the fertilizer faster.

Snooze