Old 18-06-2004, 05:07 PM
GFRfan

Default Being overrun by chipmunks....

Inhuman: You could use poison, but risk the possiblity of poisoning
other animals.

wrote:

*On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:30:42 -0400, freddotr wrote:

They are all over our house and yard. I'd appreciate any specifics

on

how to prevent, control or otherwise get rid of them!

Thanks in advance!

/fred.r

This does actually create a funny visual. I'v never heard of this.
Sounds like a g-rated horror movie. :-P

IMHO: with any plague, I wonder if I crossed God wrong, once I'm
done
with that, I move on to eliminating the vermins food supply. Do you
have bird feeders, or some other source of food for these little
buggers?

hth,

tom

wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:23:57 +0200, Johnnyboy
wrote:

Humane: Buy traps and then release. Perhaps you could release them at
someone else's house you don't like

Let's play devil's advocate with this. You trap, remove a possible
father or mother chip-monk from his home. He/she's offspring are now
left to starve to dealth. hmmmm.... Chipmonk possibly has infected
fleas, you have released this infected chipmonk into a someone elses
house. hmmmmm..... Chip monk is lost and disoriented and now subject
to this new area's preditors. hmmm....

I'm starting to think it's no that humane.

:-P

later,

tom

Humane? It's a chipmunk. It doesn't know "humane". It's a frickin' wild
animal on human turf. Kill it.
--
Yard and Garden Handyman