Old 18-06-2004, 05:31 PM
Johnnyboy Johnnyboy is offline
Registered User

Default Being overrun by chipmunks....

Quote:
Originally posted by GFRfan

Inhuman: You could use poison, but risk the possiblity of poisoning
other animals.

wrote:

*On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:30:42 -0400, freddotr wrote:

They are all over our house and yard. I'd appreciate any specifics

on

how to prevent, control or otherwise get rid of them!

Thanks in advance!

/fred.r

This does actually create a funny visual. I'v never heard of this.
Sounds like a g-rated horror movie. :-P

IMHO: with any plague, I wonder if I crossed God wrong, once I'm
done
with that, I move on to eliminating the vermins food supply. Do you
have bird feeders, or some other source of food for these little
buggers?

hth,

tom

wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:23:57 +0200, Johnnyboy
wrote:

Humane: Buy traps and then release. Perhaps you could release them at
someone else's house you don't like

Let's play devil's advocate with this. You trap, remove a possible
father or mother chip-monk from his home. He/she's offspring are now
left to starve to dealth. hmmmm.... Chipmonk possibly has infected
fleas, you have released this infected chipmonk into a someone elses
house. hmmmmm..... Chip monk is lost and disoriented and now subject
to this new area's preditors. hmmm....

I'm starting to think it's no that humane.

:-P

later,

tom

Humane? It's a chipmunk. It doesn't know "humane". It's a frickin' wild
animal on human turf. Kill it.
--
Yard and Garden Handyman
Just a suggestion Tom. As Devil's advocate you have some good points. All I am saying is that it might be a little better then shootin' them or perhaps poisoning them. I guess you are troubled by the word "humane" I will take it back and say,

option 1. Trap them and realease them on your property, making sure you the fleas actually do have the b. plague.

option 2. or posion them and then they will die in the walls, attic, etc or perhaps even poison the house dog or cat.

option 3. Buy a cat