Old 18-06-2004, 07:06 PM

Default Being overrun by chipmunks....

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:31:55 +0200, Johnnyboy
wrote:

GFRfan wrote:
*

Inhuman: You could use poison, but risk the possiblity of

poisoning
other animals.

wrote:

*On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:30:42 -0400, freddotr

wrote:

They are all over our house and yard. I'd appreciate any

specifics

on

how to prevent, control or otherwise get rid of them!

Thanks in advance!

/fred.r

This does actually create a funny visual. I'v never heard of

this.
Sounds like a g-rated horror movie. :-P

IMHO: with any plague, I wonder if I crossed God wrong, once I'm
done
with that, I move on to eliminating the vermins food supply. Do

you
have bird feeders, or some other source of food for these little
buggers?

hth,

tom

wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:23:57 +0200, Johnnyboy
wrote:

Humane: Buy traps and then release. Perhaps you could release

them at
someone else's house you don't like

Let's play devil's advocate with this. You trap, remove a

possible
father or mother chip-monk from his home. He/she's offspring are

now
left to starve to dealth. hmmmm.... Chipmonk possibly has

infected
fleas, you have released this infected chipmonk into a someone

elses
house. hmmmmm..... Chip monk is lost and disoriented and now

subject
to this new area's preditors. hmmm....

I'm starting to think it's no that humane.

:-P

later,

tom

Humane? It's a chipmunk. It doesn't know "humane". It's a frickin'
wild
animal on human turf. Kill it.
--
Yard and Garden Handyman *

Just a suggestion Tom. As Devil's advocate you have some good points.
All I am saying is that it might be a little better then shootin' them
or perhaps poisoning them. I guess you are troubled by the word
"humane" I will take it back and say,

option 1. Trap them and realease them on your property, making sure
you the fleas actually do have the b. plague.

Discourage them coming around, eliminate food and water supply.

option 2. or posion them and then they will die in the walls, attic,
etc or perhaps even poison the house dog or cat.

I've heard aftershave left in open areas, attics crawl spaces scare
off large rodents like squirrels and chip monks. Whats the worse, a
couple bucks fro some cheap aftershave.

option 3. Buy a cat

Excellent idea, but not a cat. I have two, they are dumb. Invite
other preditors like owls and hawks to your area. Build nesting
boxes, etc.

All sounds like a good weekend project. If the chipmonks don't run
the home owners out of house.

later,

tom

Our Latest site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com - Hospital Jobs Classifieds.