Old 21-06-2004, 08:12 PM
grubber

Default Selecting an efficent pond pump

"Pat" wrote in message
news:spEBc.90019$Sw.26836@attbi_s51...
Hi all,

I would like to select an efficient (submersible) pond pump for my pond
(capable of 1200 gph at 4ft head). Unfortunately, most pump specs only

list
a single "power consumption" value without specifying what flow (or head)
that occurs at. What I really need is a power consumption vs. flow (or
head) curve so I can determine the power consumption at my particular
conditions. Is there any way to extrapolate this from typically pump

specs?
Any other sources for this information? I'm currently considering Oase

and
Cyprio models.

Thanks for any help. I appreciate it. -Pat

I know Sequence pumps have power v flow curves available, but those are
external pumps. For submersibles, the Laguna 5000 should give the flow you
need at around 85 watts, which is the most efficient submersible I found
when I looked.

If you can make an external pump work, they tend to be more efficient than
the submersibles.