Old 22-06-2004, 01:04 AM
bluegill phil

Default Selecting an efficent pond pump

My strainer is a 4in frenchdrain grill glued into a 4in elbow which is
reduced to my pump inlet. The frenchdrain part which points down is in
a cheap small clothshamper with filter media packed around and under
the frenchdrain and the whole thing is wraped with the media. The
media I use is in the fabric section at walmart. Its something like
nylon black fine perforated kids costume material. It was very cheap
is a little to fine for my volume 6600gh but I still only have to
clean everyother week.My pump is below water level connected by
bulkhead to a foot or 2 straight pipe all joints glued but I didnt
glue the elbow to the straight pipe. I remove it to clean.