Old 22-06-2004, 04:07 AM
Steveo

Default Trimec mixing ratio... help

"Heidi the Horrible" wrote:
Damn lawyers. My bottle of Roundup and trimec both have "directions for
use" that run about 10 pages full of legalese crap. After reading it, I
still have no idea how strong to mix it. They give units like "ounces
per acre". WTF ???

I have a 3 gallon sprayer. How much Trimec do I mix in ? I'm killing
run-of-the-mill weeds in a Mid-Atlantic fescue lawn. Of course, I want
to kill the weeds, but not the grass. This means I need to get this
right.

Roundup mixing is easier since I want everything to die...so over-kill
costs me some money but not grass. I think I have a good ratio figured
for this.

Thanks

Roundup pro is 3 oz per gallon of water. Spray until the foliage is
covered..runoff is wasted product.

Trimec is 1.5 oz per 1000 sg ft, so you can use that for your pump
sprayer mixture.. 1.5 X how ever many gallons you want to mix..just wet the
foliage, and don't do it if it's above 84 degrees, or on bentgrass.