Old 22-06-2004, 03:03 PM
RainLover

Default Selecting an efficent pond pump

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:38:27 GMT, "Pat"
wrote:

I know Sequence pumps have power v flow curves available, but those are
external pumps. For submersibles, the Laguna 5000 should give the flow

you
need at around 85 watts, which is the most efficient submersible I found
when I looked.

If you can make an external pump work, they tend to be more efficient than
the submersibles.

Thanks for the reply.

I considered a Sequence but all their models are designed for larger
applications. The smallest I found (3200SEQ20) was rated for 2800gph. The
Laguna 5000 looks good, but would probably need a prefilter. Our last pump
required a prefilter, which constantly clogged and was a real pain.

My only comment here is why would you consider a prefilter a 'pain' since
without the prefilter the PUMP would get gummed up internally and either run
very inefficiently (ie: use much more power) or just DIE from to much strain
on it.

If it clogs to quickly, put a larger prefilter on it or find a way to get to
the prefilter that isn't as much a pain to access.

james, seattle