Old 23-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Vox Humana

Default New Toys (my new brushcutter)

"LeeAnne" wrote in message
I'm short, it went right over my head ;-)

This is their "Professional Attachment Series" (PAS for short) and I got

the
model 230 for $229 (I think the 260 was $269) and I bought the brush

cutting
blade set up for another $100 (I can put different types of blades on it,

have the 80 tooth monster right now). I believe there are something like

13
different attachments, from edgers to hedge trimmers, pole saw, etc.

www.echo-usa.com

The unit itself weighs about 11 - 12 pounds and the other 1/2 is another

two
or three pounds. I used it for a good 1/2 hour last night, and whoa nelly
does it ever work. I do, however, have to invest in either the shoulder
strap or the body harness for better control and less fatigue of the upper
body. My arms were junk after scything back and forth with for a while.

The place I bought it put it all together for me, gassed it up (it's a 2
stroke) and tested it out.

Thanks for the link. I looked at Home Depot, and they didn't have the Pro
Attachment series. I had a Ryobi that I couldn't afford to keep running.
The first one wouldn't work and I returned it after a couple of days. The
second one worked fine for about three years. After that, I had to put
about $90 into it each year to keep it running and the repair shop had a
hell of time getting parts. I know what you mean about them being heavy. I
got the shoulder strap for mine after the first few uses! I am now using a
cheap electric model that someone gave me while I sort thought a final
solution. They say everything comes in set of three. The string trimmer
broke, the garage door broke, and my dog has been in the critical care
hospital for days with a vet bill over $2K. That cheap electric unit may
have to do this year.