Old 23-06-2004, 08:02 PM
LeeAnne

Default New Toys (my new brushcutter)

yeowch, sorry you're having such a rough go of things and here's hoping that
the pup pulls through ok!

Cheap electric will do you good for another year.

I had to go to an "authorized Echo dealer", ie not a big box store, to get
the professional level model - I figure I'm going to get what I pay for and
that's why I skipped over the 'home owner' version of these little doodads,
I've got one h*ll of an area to clear out of woody growth, this nasty, nasty
invasive vine (shakes fist in air) and some small trees that my bro is going
to take down w/his chainsaw (he just doesn't know it yet), tee hee.

LeeAnne
"Vox Humana" wrote in message

Thanks for the link. I looked at Home Depot, and they didn't have the Pro
Attachment series. I had a Ryobi that I couldn't afford to keep running.
The first one wouldn't work and I returned it after a couple of days. The
second one worked fine for about three years. After that, I had to put
about $90 into it each year to keep it running and the repair shop had a
hell of time getting parts. I know what you mean about them being heavy.

got the shoulder strap for mine after the first few uses! I am now using

cheap electric model that someone gave me while I sort thought a final
solution. They say everything comes in set of three. The string trimmer
broke, the garage door broke, and my dog has been in the critical care
hospital for days with a vet bill over $2K. That cheap electric unit may
have to do this year.