Old 23-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Suzie-Q

Default My sweet sweet Rose

In article , "madgardener" wrote:

- Last night my baby dog, Rose was in some kind of distress. Her ears have
- been bothering her lately, and Mike had given her the much dreaded bath the
- day before. So I took her into the bathroom and cleaned out her ears and her
- ears didn't seem right.
-
- I put cleaning solution into them, and this upset her, but she was already
- in distress for some reason, and I kept finding places where the carpet was
- wet. She kept going to her "safe" place, the bathtub and lying in it, and
- then coming back into the livingroom where Mike and I were in a deep
- conversation. At one point, she threw up and after I cleaned her foamy mess
- up, she went to the nook and lay down on the floor in son's room. We were
- having computer problems and after I convinced son that we both needed to go
- to bed, I looked over at Rose and she was really sick.
-
- It wasn't so bad as it was strange. Thick clear stuff like sinus or
- something. So I asked her if she wanted to go out and she slowly got up and
- I let her outside. And then she refused to come in. So we all went to bed,
- and this morning I woke up to Sugar asking me if she could go out please,
- and I got up and started to call Rose and there she was. My sweet baby girl
- had come back from wherever she had gone when she slipped out last night,
- and lay under my bedroom window and passed on.
-
- The vet says that this is a fluke occurance. That large and deep chested
- animals, particularly dogs like Labs and German shepherds and horses
- sometimes have something called twisting stomach. The stomach literally
- twists on itself and the dog actually suffers horribly, and unless it's
- caught immediately, they die of it by drowing in their bile. which is what
- my puppy dawg did last night just outside my window, as close as she could
- get to the bedroom she's slept in for the last almost nine years of her
- life.
-
- I am numb and so saddened I am beside myself right now. I know this was a
- little graphic, but I can't help it. Please know that right now I am not
- only in major grief, but I can't get my SHOVEL INTO THE DAMN GROUND, despite
- all the rains to put her in her woods..........so just know that a very good
- dawg has gone on and as I look at Sugar lying there at my feet, all sad and
- searching the rooms for her Alpha mama, she will try to fill these huge paws
- of Roses for me.
-
- madgardener beside herself with grief

I'm so sorry for your loss.