Old 24-06-2004, 02:03 AM
madgardener

Default My sweet sweet Rose

High tribute indeed, Bill. I don't have a clue what to name in Rose's honor.
She was strictly a deck dawg. She'd lie on the kitchen deck, or on the
front "porch" (I always call it the dog run because it's just a narrow
sidewalk running along the length of the house) and the sad irony is that
Rose was probably making her way back to the front door to probably scratch
to be let in, but her pain was enough that just lying under my bedroom
window was effort enough. To make it more tolerable, she died while embraced
by the heavy fragrances of my Shenandoah, Shiloh and Yellow trumpet lilies
just behind the Bruce daylilies which popped open yesterday amidst the swamp
sunflowers that threaten to choke them out by their sheer height. My heart
is still heavy with her loss. I can't imagine not having her around. And
poor little Sugar.....next week will be the ultimate test when I have to
return to work and son is gone too. She'll be completely alone, and this is
not a dog to leave alone. She's a Lab/Border collie pup of a year that is a
bit vindictive and gets bored. Rose kept her company when I left them alone
for the hours I work. To see how she freaked when I let Rose out without
her is testimony to my struggles when she goes solo without any companion.
Hopefully her kitty, Piquito can fill the bill for her... I truely hope so.
She's the last dog for me for awhile.

And it just keeps on ****ing rains here, and gratefully, we need it despite
the saturated soils. I keep remembering droughts and am grateful. But I
still couldn't get my shovel into the soil to bury my baby on my acre today.
that grieved me no end.
maddie
"Bill" wrote in message
In article , says...
thank you Sue....
"Curly Sue" wrote in message
I am so sorry to read about the sudden loss of your beloved dog. It
choked me up.

Sue(tm)

My sincerest condolances on your loss Maddie. Just lost Little Bear to
tongue cancer in April. Renamed the Flavor King Pluot tree in his honor.
The Dapple Dandy Pluot which finally produced fruit this year is
Rusty's tree and Pussface, who's nine and starting to slow down a bit,
will get the Flavor Queen Pluot when her time comes.

Bill