Old 24-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Frank Urquidez

Default Best Gas-powered String Trimmers

ECHO!SRM210
"evolutionman 2004" wrote in message
k.net...
I'm interested in buying the best-rated, lowest maintenance,

easy-2-operate
gas-powered string trimmer.

I'd prefer one with a straight-shaft, 1-hp or larger engine to trim 1+

acre
yard. I don't need the attachment items (brush cutter, blower, etc.) as I
already have those items separately. I've looked at Homelite, Toro, Cub
Cadet, Troy-bilt, Craftsman, Echo, Ryobi models. Anyone with particular
model preference and positive (or negative) stories to relate here would

be
appreciated. Is a 2-cycle or 4-cycle engine better? Which model does

have
the easiest starting, ease of operation, etc.? Thanks.