Old 25-06-2004, 09:27 PM
JB

Default Lawn tractor transmission question

False alarm! I discovered I needed to purge the transmission. All's well
now.

JB wrote:
I have a Craftsman lawn tractor with the hydrostatic (automatic)
transmission and I am getting jerky forward starts and what seems to be
a limited range of forward speeds. There's supposed to be a smooth flow
from stopped to forward. I hit a root that killed the engine and bent a
blade (my bad!!). I'm concerned that I may have damaged the
transmission. Any info/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

JB