Old 27-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Kay

Default Foxgloves

In article _4yDc.223$WZ4.209@newsfe3-gui, Joanne
writes
Foxgloves -- once they've finished flowering do I cut off the seed heads for
a second flush of flowers, or do I cut them down because they won't flower
again, or do I just leave them alone to re-seed for next year?

You will get the side shoots flowering if you cut the main head, but the
later spikes are nowhere near as good as the first.

If you leave them to seed it will be for the year after next rather than
for next year (remember they're biennial)

--
Kay