Old 27-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Foxgloves

"Joanne" wrote ...
Foxgloves -- once they've finished flowering do I cut off the seed heads

for
a second flush of flowers, or do I cut them down because they won't flower
again, or do I just leave them alone to re-seed for next year?

Depends what you want to do. They won't flower again, the plants that have
will now die having completed their two year life cycle. Seeds from these
plants will produce young plants next year for flowering in 2006, you won't
get any flowers from them next year.
Personally I let the best ones each year seed, the others I take out before
the seed ripens and is dispersed.

--
Regards
Bob