Old 29-06-2004, 04:11 AM
Brent

Default bites found on plants? Who did it?

must be Mr. Apple Snail at the library with the Wrench

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message news:gFNDc.20925$E84.1664@edtnps89...
Hi! Recently I've been noticing bites about a 1/8 inch wide in some of my
hygros...only 3 or 4 here and there and they are usually on the new leaf
shoots. Some of the ends of the java fern and crypts are also missing...I
don't know if those are bites.

In the last week I've reduced my feedings to every second day. The other day
I just got rid of my two yoyo loaches because they had successfully
erradicated my tank of snails, grown really big, and started uprooting newly
planted shoots. I traded them in for more otosincluses.

I have heard of clown loaches biting leaves here and there but yoyo
loaches?? Starving ones maybe? I also have an apple snail (Pomacea
Bridgesii)...maybe the culpirt? The snail usually just cleans algae off the
plants, driftwood, and glass and eats dead and rotting plant
material...but...with the feeding cut in half would he start nipping at the
live plants?

Tank community: 3 Dwarf Neon Rainbows, 2 bronze corys, 5 otocinclus, 2 SAE,
1 Pomacea bridgesii snail.

Thanks alot for anyone contributing to solving my mystery!!

Dave Picklyk