Old 29-06-2004, 03:15 PM

Default Got CO2 injection system, now where the hell do I get the CO2 tank?

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 02:15:18 -0400, Greg G. wrote:

Albert Owens said:

Just purchased about $400 worth of CO2 equipment (solenoid, bubble
counter, reactor, ph controller, etc.).

I thought it would be a simple phone call to get a CO2 cannister. The
vendor told me to go to the local fire station. They looked at me like
I was crazy. "What do you want a CO2 cannister for?" "Aquarium Plants"
I said. "I've never heard of that" was the reply I got. Anyway they
told me they couldn't help me.

I have tried local hardware stores. None of them offer it.

Tried looking online. Pressurized CO2 can't be shipped.

Did I just blow $400?

I feel your pain... ;-)

I checked into this not long ago and gave up and went back to the DIY
CO2 I had been using.

I live in Atlanta, a large metro area, and thought it would be simple
to get CO2 - NOT!

I was going to buy the CO2 canister - unfilled - along with a 2 stage
regulator and metering valve for $200 via the internet. Then have the
canister filled locally. Good luck!

Typical recomendations a

Fire extinguisher refillers,
Home Brewing supply houses,
Some large liquor stores,
Welding supply houses,
AIRGAS Corp.

BUT - None of the businesses in my area will refill a CO2 tank - or so
they claim over the phone. Some guy 40 miles away wanted me to swap a
nice new, clean, aluminum canister for some crappy rusty steel tank.
Good Luck!

FWIW,
Greg

Greg G.

Greg, If you live in Edmonton try Oxy-Pro
I Use a 75 lb bottle that will last me a year for 15 tanks
Cost approx $70 C for refill.
I bought my bottle 3 years ago and when I need it refilled It's a
simple exchange for a full bottle.