Old 29-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Flagging Borders

"Joanne" wrote ...
My mixed border is lacking pizzaz at the moment. I'm anticipating lots of
colour from late summer into autumn (sedum, rudbeckia, aster, anenome,
echinacea, verbena bonariensis), but it's become glaringly obvious that

I've
not planted anything for this time of year.

So, what colourful perennials are in full bloom in your gardens right now
(particularly in North West England)?

Lilies various*
Penstemon various * (perennial with me)
Verbascum chauxii "Album"
Geranium various*
Alstroemeria various (get the taller ones for the garden)*
Bletilla striata
Agapanthus (about to break open)

and I've marked the ones I think would be flowering for you too. The
Alstroemeria are excellent value plants, flower from May through to the
frost.

--
Regards
Bob