Old 30-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Kay

Default Flagging Borders

In article SqlEc.70$tH6.7@newsfe5-win, Joanne
writes
My mixed border is lacking pizzaz at the moment. I'm anticipating lots of
colour from late summer into autumn (sedum, rudbeckia, aster, anenome,
echinacea, verbena bonariensis), but it's become glaringly obvious that I've
not planted anything for this time of year.

So, what colourful perennials are in full bloom in your gardens right now
(particularly in North West England)?

Most of my garden is pink (roses) and white (mock orange) atm ;-)

The colour is provided by iris (I have yellow flag and foetidissima),
hardy geraniums, Lychnis coronaria and chalcedonica, Cistus, Centranthus
ruber. Oriental poppies are just over. This is Leeds, not NW, but a
shady garden so probably not much different in terms of dampness/dryness
of soil and overall temperature atm.

--
Kay