Old 29-01-2003, 09:17 PM

Default OT ~ Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers

I am a sci fi freak since day 1. I had most of the greats of sci fidom in a van
shuttling them from airport to an international sci fi conference back in 71 or 72...
justabout the time 2001 space odyssey came out.. all but Asimov.. shoot.
I really like C.J. Cherryh's stuff. totally rad. Ingrid

"D Kat" wrote:

Have you read Ursula LeGuin's Earthsea Trilogy (and following books)? I
have tried to talk my son into trying them but so far he is too "loyal" to
Harry Potter to step out on them. If you have not read LeGuin's books, I
HIGHLY recommend them. Though I am a Potter fan I see the theme as taken
from the first book.

wrote in message
I said very nasty things about the whole thing before I went to actually

see the
first movie. Then I got the books. I am hooked. I am going to reserve a

copy so I
dont have to camp out... too old for that... LOL. Ingrid

"D Kat" wrote:
My 16-soon to be 17 year old son is planning on camping out in line at

the
book store.....