Old 01-07-2004, 08:07 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default Parrot's feather not flourishing in wine barrel fish pond

"Robert Gorsch" wrote in message
om...

I thought parrot's feather was an uncontrollable weed. Any ideas on
why I can't get it to flourish?

I live in mid TN and our summers are long, hot and humid. My parrots
feather only thrives in full sun. It died out in the shadier pools behind
the house. It also likes some fertilizer I've noticed. I add potassium
(potash) and magnesium to my ponds and boy do they perk up! 1 heaping Tbsp
of each, per 1000 gallons, about once a month.
--
Carol....
"Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic."