Old 02-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Phisherman

Default compost to be used indoors

On 2 Jul 2004 11:23:49 -0700, (Anne) wrote:

Could anyone advise me how to prepare compost for use in the house for
indoor plants? There are bugs and flies and I would prefer not to
bring them in. Thank you.

This is not really practical. It is better to purchase sterilized
potting mixes for indoor use.

However, you can sterilize your compost. Place compost in a baking
pan, wet it thoroughly, and bake it in a 275-degree oven for an hour.
Allow the baked compost to dry, then screen it to make it light and
fluffy. There will be an earthy odor from the baking process, but it
should disappear with a few hours.