Old 03-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Bob Hobden

Default Alstroemeria "Princess Leyla"

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
I have recently spent more money than I should have done on aquiring a
rather magnificent specimen of this compact, deep red Alstroemeria.

Is any urgler prepared to guess how hardy it might be?

Well we have three in our front garden, the two very short ones have been
there for two years and are flowering well at this time the other is a
taller variety about 30inches tall, bright red, that has been out there for
years, starts flowering in May finishes with the frost, sometimes it seems
to withstand the cold until much later. Is gradually expanding it's area.
Excellent garden plants as far as we are concerned, especially the taller
ones.

--
Regards
Bob