Old 05-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default co2 disaster

Sorry to hear that Joe. I also had a problem with a tank I had in our
computer store. Someone kicked the box with the CO2 bottles and they pumped
into the tank. Next day all my 6 turquiose rainbows were gone and all the
SAEs...only a few large (4 inch) rainbows survived.

I put a fine floss in the filter and manually picked off much of the stuff.
Nothing like an algae outbreak will occur.

Dave.

"Joe" wrote in message
. com...
Came home today to find a very cloudy tank, with all my plants covered in
some white powdery substance. Took me about 5 seconds to realize what had
happened, my yeast had been sucked into the tank. Anybody else out there
have this happen to them? Luckily, the tank is new, no livestock except

for
6 amano shrimp and a farlowella. Is there anything I can do besides

massive
water changes? I just did 4 80% water changes, I will do more tomorrow.
How bad is it going to get in terms of algae and will the fish and shrimp
die?