Old 05-07-2004, 11:02 PM
bhobbs3

Default hornworm,catepillar (ahem) poo

hornworm,catepillar (ahem) pooThe poo is called frass. Yes, it is a real word. My kindergartener learned that in his butterfly class study.
Just some info. I think frass is better than the 'other' words.

wrote in message ...
along with these buggers eating equivalents of tons of grape leaves, hops, peonies, anything they can get their nasty little choppers into...they dump A LOT of poo!!

is there any GOOD purpose for this poo? could it not be consider manure as the bugger making it is a vegetarian?

this is NOT a tongue-in-cheek question!!! i'm serious!!

although i have a beautiful arch trellis for my grapes to grow upon, they've decided they like the deck with built-in benches better...so, of course, the catepillars are not far behind...in fact, they prolly love it more cuz they don't have to tread periously on the lattice work. at any rate, on the deck in huge quantities are hard droppings. it took us aback for a few minutes until i saw THEM...munching happily on the concord grape leaves AND grapes!

so, kindly folk, what say you? IS there anything good that can come of catepillar poo?

hrm...perhaps it be called...multi-legged poo? nah
how about: cat-a-PILLARY poo?

bwahahaha...any suggestions? i can make a fortune!! ;p)