Old 07-07-2004, 04:02 AM
nswong

Default Cure for dog urine smell outside?

"Bob" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a small fenced in grassy area next to my home for my dog to

roam
around in. Lately with the summer heat it has developed the sour

smell of
urine.
Does anyone know of a simple treatment for this that is not

harmful to my
dog?

I believe cover it with a layer of compost will help.

"chaz" wrote in message
ink.net...

This is from my compost note:

Many gardeners with a high proportion of acid-rich materials to
compost mistakenly add lime to their pile to produce compost with a
balanced pH. Unfortunately, adding ground limestone will turn your
compost ecosystem into an ammonia factory, with nitrogen rapidly lost
as a noxious gas.

Regards,
Wong

--
Latitude: 06.10N Longitude: 102.17E Altitude: 5m