Old 09-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Pete Stephenson

Default Lawn watering with impact sprinklers?

In article ,
"Matt" wrote:

I have the extra large, triple-spike based sprinklers. it advertises to put
down 1/4" in 2 hours. (50% more than the 80'diam. sprinklers) They cost
around $25-$30 each at Lowes.
Here is an url to this sprinkler
http://www.gilmour.com/Watering_Hose...geCoverage.asp
Running it two times a week for 4 hours will get you your 1" of water a
week. My soil has a lot of clay in it, so I can't run this sprinkler any
longer than about 30 mins at a time before I get major puddling. I have
timers set that run the sprinkler 4 times a day for 30 mins each time. I am
still trying to get my lawn established, so I am watering alot right now.
Once it is established, I will back off the timers to running twice a day
for 30 mins.

Hmm. Excellent. They sell those precise sprinklers right here where I'm
at. I just wanted to double-check to make sure they were actually decent
sprinklers before investing in them.

Thanks!

It wouldn't hurt to buy a rain guage and place it in the lawn. That way you
can keep track of exactly how much water the grass is getting.

Indeed.

--
Pete Stephenson
HeyPete.com