Old 10-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Jürgen Beisser

Default Snails good or bad and how to get rid of them

"Jason Dale" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 15:30:28 -0500, "Craig Brye"
wrote:

If you don't mind having snails in your tank (not hurting plants, etc.),
then I would keep them as they can really help to keep algae under

control.

Thanks for the info. Think for now I'm going to keep them as they
don't seem to be hurting anything other than algae. Main worry was if
they were hurting the plants below gravel level, especially as I'm
getting 20 new plants this week (which are the same as I already
have).

This Physa sp. seem to be very effective remover of algae, as it is written
in http://www.diewasserwelt.de/blasenschnecke.htm. It is a German page, but
even if you can not understand the text, look at the pictures. I never heard
that these type of snails does harm to any plants.

Juergen