Old 10-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Stephan Walther Larsen

Default Orchid Room

Greetings All.

I have a question.

Me and my wife have a fairly decent big house in regards to spare
space. However Im now running out of available decent space for my
orchids ( they are located in my kitchen atm. and they really really
love it :=) .

But due to kids and cats id like to focus on making a spare room
useable:

In my basement where I also have my homeoffice , our washingroom, and
a coolingroom, I have a fairly decent large room ( 5 by 5 meters )
which i honestly dont use to any extent.

Now..i had the idea i would turn this into a Orchid Room and also take
up my old passion for keeping aquariums. The humidity is fairly high
and there definately is a temperature difference over day / night.
However there is only little daylight through a tiny window. So
"natural" light is a problem.

Would i be able to " convert" this room into a orchid room with any
decency ?

What would i need for supplying light to "growing tables " ?

Kind Regards

Stephan - Denmark