Old 13-07-2004, 05:03 AM
Pinky

Default ok lets tork loo's - story maybe dunno?

Howdy Len, i'm offering my opinion here

"len gardener" wrote in message

so here are those 2 links i have take a look i'm looking for opinions:

http://www.barefootengineering.com/

That is not a particularly big chamber and it takes 6 months to breakdown -
i'm not sure if that was in-situ - but i'm thinking it would probably be
full before it broke down. On the other hand, if you have to cart it around
to a compost area it's probably a bit on the large side to be manouvering
with ease - i have a memory from childhood of the pan-man slinging a full
can up onto his shoulder with disasterous consequences that have put me off
dunnies for the rest of my life! *rolls eyes*

http://users.easystreet.com/ersson/sawdust.htm

FWIW, if you have to lug around a bucket of crap for composting purposes -
don't put it on your shoulder firstly, secondly this would be a/ cheaper to
set up and b/ easier to move and empty every couple of days or once a week.
I know 'Humanure' was available as a free download somewhere on the net, i
don't have the link sorry, so if you haven't read it already, give it a look
through so you can suss out how to compost it without starting a war with
the neighbours )

well that's enuf poo 4 now heh lol?

oh i did forget to say my neighbours house gets the sun app' 15 to 20
min's before us, but then i expect if we are into permaculture we are
also into sustainable living? houses that is.

?? I must have missed something... again *sigh*

Andrea

take care

len

hey and do the veges luv growin in the stuff wow

if you have other ideas send 'em along

--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the

environment

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before

you send.