Old 14-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Nedra

Default Sediment in Pond

Hi Rich, Thanks for the advice, But I can't find anyone - and I mean
Anyone -
to install the skimmer and the bottom drain. They are both sitting in the
garage ... Uninstalled!
Anyone live near St. Louis who would like to be paid to install these
two pieces of equipment? The skimmer is a Savio and the bottom drain is an
in pond Tetra.

Nedra

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
Install a skimmer to skim it off the surface during the day and a bottom
drain to catch it when it settles at night, and then run it through the
filter to try to catch as much before it returns to the pond. It is a

form
of algae that gets active in the sunlight, and settles down in the dark.

It
should be able to be killed with UV, but if it is not going through the UV
then it won't be affected.
--
RichToyBox
http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/pondintro.html.
"Paul" wrote in message
Hi, new to this newsgroup. I have a pond 12x7 ft.

approx
950gal. in about 85-90% sunlight during
the day. About 1/3 of pond surface is covered with
water lilies trying to get more, but this is a new pond,
about 3wks. old. During the day, there is a lot of
sediment, light brown stuff floating on the
surface and clings to plants and other stuff. But through the night and

in
early moring when
you look at the pond, there is nothing there,nice

and
clear. Any solutions for this until i get
more plant growth on the surface? Thanks in