Old 16-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Sinister

Default My poor Oncidium!

I bought a Oncidium "Wild Cat" about a month ago or more...one of the
rhizomes is beautiful and is flourishing, it's the rhizome that has been
producing the blooms...the other is old and weathered looking.

It leaves are huge. But one of the leaves, a few weeks ago, has started
turning yellow and rotting from the tip up, like a fuse.
Another leave has acquired a brown rotten spot about the size of your thumb.
All the leaves have tiny black pitted indentations no bigger than this
period "." What about this? Am I over feeding, underwatering, giving it
too much heat or sun? Does it have a disease? Are their pests I'm not
seeing here?

I'm not a very experienced orchid grower...perhaps I'm just not good enough
to raise orchids just yet.
Either way I'm at my wit's end...I'm losing sleep and pulling my hair. If
you have any suggestions or experience to share with a newbie such as
me...please by all means help me and my poor orchid...

-Sin