Old 16-07-2004, 03:04 AM
Moontanman

Default Keeping Sturgeon

You are so lucky to be able to get sturgeon. Here in the States sturgeon are
difficult to find for sale even thouhgt we have the perfect (well almost)
aquarium/pond sturgeon, the shovelnose sturgeon. they don;'t get very big as
sturgeon go and tolerate warm water really well. I'm betting your koi are
slowly starving the sturgoen. i would keep on trying toe floating/sinking food
and make suire i give the koi as much as they will eat and put in plenty of
sinking food in the deepest place of my pond. If you feed teh koi floating food
in teh same place at teh same time as you feed the sturgeon in deep water maybe
the koi will be too lazy to dive down for the sinking food if floating is
available. maybe you could make a wall that would allow the koi to swim into
the shallow end of the pond while they eat and feed the sturgeon in deep water
while the wall impedes the koi just enouhg to keep them in the shallow end
while eating. I love the sturgeon much better than koi so i would just set up a
pond just for the sturgeon!
I breed dwarf crayfish for planted aquariums and grow trees in aquariums.
My groups