Old 16-07-2004, 09:14 AM
sarah

Default Brassica virus?

Robert wrote:

"sarah" wrote in message
. ..
: I've got summer broccoli, miniature kohlrabi[1] and miniature Savoys,
: all of which are showing mottled yellow patches on some leaves on some
: plants. The patches bear no apparent relationship to water droplets or
: anything else, and the affected plants have an indefinable air of being
: under the weather. Could this be a virus, or is it some deficiency I
: could do something about? Watering with dilute seaweed extract didn't
: significantly cheer them up.

Are you sure they don't have cabbage root fly or club root disease? If they
are like that and all 'floppy' I would say it's either one of those

No, they're not floppy -- it's just the leaves are discoloured and the
plants aren't as vigorous as the others. I haven't seen club root yet,
and touch wood I won't; I grow all my brassicas from seed.

regards
sarah

--
NB. Note change of *usenet* email address:
'amitiel.demon.do.uk' will soon cease to function.