Old 16-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Pam - gardengal

Default true blue mystery flower..

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article ,
(murphy) wrote:

someone here always knows the answer....G

...today i visited a garden located in the Pacific North West,
Canada....i saw a flower new to me and am trying to identify it..it is a
real *true* rich blue - like a gentian....the shape of the flower is
somewhat like a single snapdragon, but with a longer more taperd shape

and
is about an inch or so long..there are several spaced individually along
the upper stem, not in a cluster..the plant is about 18 inches tall

.the stem is square and green not woody.....the leaves remind me of mint
and are aromatic ...dont know if it is annual or perrenial...

anyone have any ideas?...i have exhausted my resources

thanks!

murphy, mystefied....

Sounds like young Salvia guaranitica, or Salvia patens, grown as an annual
in the Pacific Northwest, as a perennial in the southwest.

-paghat the ratgirl

I think pagger's got it - does this look like the mystery flower in
question?
http://gulfhavengardens.com/images/B...e%20Salvia.JPG
Btw, Salvia guaranitica 'Black and Blue' (the photo subject) is reliably
perennial in the PNW with very good drainage.

pam - gardengal.