Old 20-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Doug Kanter

Default How much lime to treat blossom end rot?

Most of what I've read says that if you need to solve this problem quickly,
use a liquid calcium supplement. A real garden center should have something
like that. To minimize the likelihood of the problem NEXT season, add the
limestone as you're putting the garden to sleep for the winter.

wrote in message
I came to this group the first time yesterday, and immediately found
the answer to my problem: what was causing the ends of my tomatoes to
rot. Blossom end rot due to low calcium. So can I simply treat this
by sprinkling lime in the soil? If so how much? It seems to be
linked to nitrogen content, so will switching to low N fertilizer help
by itself or will I need the lime treatment as well.

thanks for the great information

Hal