Old 20-07-2004, 10:03 PM
2pods

Default Raised Pond

"puddleduck" wrote in message
news

Can someone tell me if i'll be ok building a raised pond out of railway
sleepers, i'm wanting the pond to be 10' x 7' x3'5". anyone got any
suggestions on this, i'll be keeping just a few goldish in the pond
nothing fancy.
PLEASE ADVISE.

--
puddleduck

You're doing what I wished I'd done (size wise)
However, I was told by my other half to scale it down a bit.

You'll be OK with the sleepers providing you use angle brackets at the
corners, brackets along the length and some large nails.

The sleepers must also be lined with heavy poly.
If you want you can have a look at our sleeper effort
www.katzsisters.com
I wish I'd used the full length of the sleepers tho' :-)

Peter