Old 23-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Susan Wehe

Default How much lime to treat blossom end rot?

The foremost problem is that calcium in of itself is not enough, it must
be in a form that the plant can absorb through cell walls. I've heard
good things about calcium suppliments but have never seen a study that
would support their use. Part of the problem also goes to cost, gypsum
for instance is cheap and easily taken up, calcium suppliments are not
inexpensive and may or may not work.

susan

Bob S. wrote:

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message ...

Most of what I've read says that if you need to solve this problem quickly,
use a liquid calcium supplement.

Hmmm. A thought just came to mind as I read this. Do you suppose
calcium suppliment tablets for people would work if disolved in water?
Or a quart of milk poured around the base of the plant?

Bob S.