Old 25-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Maggie's Mom

Default How to winterize rose trees (tree roses?)?

This year I could not resist and rescued couple of tree roses (or rose
trees?) from our local K-Mart. If you have any doubt as to what I am talking
about, it is a rose bush on top of about 2' long "trunk". The roses revived,
they bloom beautifully - but I put them in large ornamental pots, one
plastic and the other one ceramic.
I am reasonably sure they cannot stay in the pots for the winter. Do I have
to winter them over in the ground? Any hints? Directions? I have never had
potted roses before, never mind the tree variety. Please help.....? -
Maggie's Mom.