Old 25-07-2004, 11:03 PM
how

Default 4000 gals, 6 goldfish, 6 mesquito fish...................

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
Thanks for the compliments everyone!! As far as the mosquito fish, I
don't think I could find them even if I tried. Maybe if I stuck a small
oscar in there?? Ah, maybe not. Again, Thanks!!

Hi,
One way to get rid of the mosquito fish would be to get an 'umbrella' net
and begin feeding the goldfish on top of this net, which is placed on the
bottom and left there. After a couple/few days while the fish are feeding
the net is removed rapidly. In a couple tries you have your goldfish which
would be kept in another tank while you add a gallon or two of chlorine to
the pond. This will send the Gambusia on to their final reward and then you
treat for the chlorine and put the goldfish back. It is not ever going to be
easier than it is now. I have tried oscars ( 3 adult albinos in 1400 gal)
but they did not keep up with the extremely prolific mosquito fish and will
eat food intended for the goldfish.

HTH -_-
no NEWS is good