Old 26-07-2004, 04:04 AM
Greg G.

Default Where can get cheap gravel?

daemonfly said:

stareee wrote:
Where can I get cheap gravel? I have been to home depot and lowes and I
didn't find any gravel. The gravel in pet store is expensive. I am
apprecieated for any of your information.

Home Depot and/or Lowes usually carry a product called Shultz Aquatic
Soil/Profile/Turface (all same thing), usually outside in their plant
area. You could try ano other gardening center in your area.

Hi,
As a user of said product, I would advise you to mix Profile (Shultz
Aquatic Soil) with gravel in a 50/50 mix - if you decide to use it.
Profile is so light that plants cannot be kept buried. This will also
reduce the cost somewhat. As a nutrient reservoir, it works fine.

Apparently, Shultz has sold two different products under the same
name. The current product is reddish-brown, and the older product was
grayish-white/beige. I have the older product in my outdoor pond, and
the newer in my 75g and 29g planted tanks.

FWIW,

Greg G.