Old 26-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Kay

Default Wild wild rocket

In article , Phil L
writes
Mike Lyle wrote:
:: If I get it wrong when using my field guide to identify wild rocket
:: (actually, in my Collins FG, 'Hedge mustard' is what they call
:: Sisymbrium officinale, which in turn is what the Internet seems to
:: call 'wild rocket'), eating the wrong close relative won't do me
:: any harm, will it?
::
:: Mike.

Lots of plants have very potent toxins in them...TBH, I wouldn't take the
risk unless you are *positive* that what you are getting is the actual plant
you are looking for - many 'similar' looking plants are in fact deadly!

Which are you thinking of? I'd always thought of the Cruciferae as one
of the less hazardous families - though I'd not recommend the OP to
experiment as I'm not 100% sure on this point.
--
Kay