Old 02-02-2003, 09:45 AM
Hey DJ Jeff

Default They hit me again!

I am still trying to figure out how either a raccoon or 'possum got into my
covered pond last night and ate 2 of my fish and ruined my plant and knocked
over some rocks... there werent any holes to where it could have gotten
through... and everything looked the same as it did last night... nothing on
the top moved or changed... i think i might have to get a burglar alarm
installed on that thing... its so ridiculous! thankfully my other 8 survived,
but the biggest one and one other got eaten.. not too mention TWO (2) of my
rubber ducks we out of water... actually one was found 30 feet away in the
yard, the other one is gone... and my floating thermometor is no where to be
found either! What would a raccoon or 'possum want with a thermometer... i am
sure the taste wasnt very good if they ate it... oh well.. the good news is
spring is almost here and i'm working on my plans enlarge and deepen the
pond... get rid of the pre-formed tub and dig straight-walls so there is no
ledge if something gets in there that it can step on... good night all