Old 30-07-2004, 12:57 AM
Anonny Moose

Default Zucchini pollination technique

You don't have to fertilize all of them either. Remove the entire
flowers including the ovary (undeveloped mini-zukes on female flowers)
and pull out the interior flower parts before steaming and serving
with flowers on - or stuff the flowers with your favorite stuffing
(rice - ground beef - shrimp - whatever) and lightly fry the whole
thing. Or you can just pick and stuff the flowers (good use for the
males). Always remove the inner structures of the flowers and just
stuff the petals - they are great steamed, fried, or grilled. There
are literally hundreds of ways to prepare zucchini and I never get
sick of them. Did you ever just quarter them lengthwise and roast
until golden? Try it.

Very interesting. I will have to try eating the flowers. Can't imagine what
they will taste like. So far I've been making lots of zucchini breads,
stuffed zucchini, zucchini casserole, sliced and fried zucchini and raw
zucchini in salad. I planted one pole bean with this one zucchini, basil,
lettuce, one tomato and one pepper (neither ripening yet) and this meager
garden is so far offering an abundance of food!

Karen