Old 31-07-2004, 04:24 AM
Craig Brye

Default CO2 difuser

Yup... I have my CO2 hose rigged so it enters the bottom of the inlet
strainer. I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the strainer and the tube
fits perfect. I have it positioned so I can manually see how many bubbles a
minute are being released (sucked) into the canister.

I only need about 12-15 bubbles a minute for my 75 gal. tank. Plants are
doing wonderful, and I don't have fluctuations. I don't think there's a
better method out there, and plus it's free. I tried various diffusers, but
all the ones I tried weren't anywhere near efficient as this method. I use
less than half the CO2 I once needed with commercial diffusers.

I'm sure someone makes a good product out there, but I'll never buy one.

--
Craig Brye
University of Phoenix Online

"Troy Bruder" wrote in message
Do you mean down at the place where it sucks water in from the tank?

"Craig Brye" wrote in message
I just feed my CO2 tube into the inlet of my canister filter... This has
been the best method I've seen yet!

--
Craig Brye
University of Phoenix Online

"Troy Bruder" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm looking for a "commercial" CO2 difuser.. Anyone have any GOOD ones
recommend?

Thanks!
Troy