Old 02-08-2004, 12:02 AM
Ann Viverette

Default help on CO2

Most likely problem is leaks.
Second most likely is bad yeast or too hot water.

To check for leaks submerge the entire generator under water and wait a long
time to see if any bubble appears. i found aquarium silicone and hot glue
were both bad, Liquid Nails works but only use on the outsed of the cap, it
smells like it would be bad for fish. Dry the top after you peel off the old
glues and then clean with alcohol. I've used Liquid Nails with a unit in
use, and the stuff dries even while bubbles try to come out of it. I found
it in my garage, and in Home Depot with caulks. It is a clear caulk-like
nail substitute.

Check your yeast first by looking at the date on the package. Then proof the
yeast (just like for baking), take a cup of mildly warm water and add the
1/4 teaspoon of yeast and a pinch of sugar. Wait as the yeast dissolves and
look for a fine foam to begin. Just a bit. Then you know it is good, pour
that into the generator bottle.

Last, be sure that if you used a check valve that it is in the correct
direction, take it out, blow through it to be certain.

And really last, if you have a bubble counter after the generator, which is
highly recommended for several reasons, it is a source of that many more
sites for leaks.

AnnV
"Stefano" wrote in message

Hi,

I've tried to produce A C02 kit.

After ahow long should I see bubbles coming out of the airstone.
I've had it in 4 hours and nothing comes out.

Could it be yeast not being enough?

Any advice would be appreciated.